- If I am certified as a Black Belt and decide that I would like to become a Master Black Belt, do I have to take the exam again if I met the Master Black Belt requirements on my first attempt?
No. The IQF does not require you to take another exam to reach a higher certification level if you scores were sufficient on your first exam.
- If I re-take the exam in an attempt to reach a higher certification level but score at a certification level below my current level, will I lose my current status?
No. Your official exam status cannot degrade. Exam certification status will only be updated if there is an improvement.
- What resources am I allowed to use for the exam?
Our certification exams are computer based allowing you to take a test that mimics the real world. You are allowed to use any software, books or calculators that you would use in your daily work.
- Do I have to re-certify?
No – your certification is a lifetime achievement. There are no periodic re-certification fees or requirements.
- When is the exam offered?
Whenever you want! The exam is computer based, and you can take it at your convenience.
- How long does it take to get my exam results?
When you complete the exam you receive a code that you can enter into our web site to immediately access your scores.
- If I only pass one part of the exam do I have to re-take both parts, or am I allowed to only take the part I did not pass?
You only re-take the part of the exam you did not pass.
- Is there study material available for the exam?
Some of our affiliates offer study material designed for the exam. Any standard Six Sigma material should be sufficient to obtain a passing score.
- What is the difference between the Green Belt, Black Belt and Master Black exams?
There is a single exam for Green Belt, Black Belt and Master Black Belt. The passing score varies by certification level as shown in the table below.
|Master Black Belt||75%||75%|